Who can join a 200-hours Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Course?
The 200 hours Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Courses in India offered by Abhinam Yoga School is suited for anyone who has a passion for Yoga, wishes to do an in-depth study of Asanas, Anatomy, Physiology, Pranayama, Meditation Yoga philosophy and Teaching Methodology. The course aims to perfectly balance physical as well as mental well-being, which is why we lay equal stress on subjects like Yoga philosophy and meditation. If you have been practicing Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series for at least 3 months, it’s an added advantage. But also if you have no or little experience in Ashtanga Vinyasa practice but have a good physical fitness, this teacher training course in Goa might be suitable for you or you can look to participate in our Yoga teacher training in Dharamsala. If you don’t feel ready before your course begins, you can also opt for our Pre-TTC 5 day Yoga workshops.
Note: If you want to register yourself with Yoga Alliance Professionals, then you must have atleast 2 years of yoga experience.
What to expect from the 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training Course?
The objective of the TTC Course in India is to provide beginners and experienced Yoga students with strong technical and theoretical experience. This will enable them to perform Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Primary Series with perfection and correct alignment. The teacher training course will equip the future teachers to be completely autonomous and ready to run their own yoga classes at the highest standards.
At the yoga TTC at Abhinam Yoga, students learn a unique combination of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Iyengar alignment principles. This approach has an ultimate goal of practicing injury free yoga.
How Will Your Regular Day be like?
Every morning, students start the day with Pranayama and Kriyas for purification and cleansing of mind and body. This practice gives a good foundation for the Ashtanga Vinyasa class. In the beginning of the teacher training, the Ashtanga Vinyasa class is led by senior teachers, later students do their own self practice i.e. Mysore style or led the classes during the last weeks of their course. The morning practice ends with meditation followed by breakfast.
The subject of classes in the middle of the day changes every week; going from yoga philosophy to anatomy and physiology. On top of that, students can also have marketing classes on request, during which they get tips on how to promote themselves as yoga teachers and how to do marketing for their future yoga centers.
The afternoon program starts every day with the teaching methodology. Students learn all postures in detail not only to enhance their own practice but most importantly to help others, their future students, to get into and be correctly aligned in each and every pose. During the evening yoga classes, students get introduced to other yoga styles, i.e. Vinyasa flow, yin yoga, hatha yoga or restorative yoga. The day is concluded with an evening meditation.
Learning The Art of Teaching
From the second week of the TTC, students actively participate in teaching as well as adjusting others during the classes. The practicums sessions are organized under the observation of your instructors who will guide you on how to prepare and present your class. They will also offer various tips on how to observe your students and refine your hands on adjustment techniques. During the course, you will be learning many different techniques on how to adjust the position of your own body so that you can handle the student’s body position while adjusting. This would eradicate any possibility of anyone getting injured. There would be many classes where you would be asked to practice these techniques repeatedly on different bodies, so that it sharpens your observation and gives you confidence. These sessions give the students and future yoga teachers the best opportunity to learn and how to teach in a very supportive, open and safe environment.
During the last weeks, the students will be expected to lead their own class and complete the assignments on Yoga philosophy, anatomy etc. After successfully meeting all the exam criteria for 200 hours Yoga teacher training certification course at Abhinam Yoga, students will find themselves trained as well as confident enough to act as yoga teachers and lead yoga lessons.
Abhinam Yoga incorporates training hours in the following modules:
- Learning to master and teach Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series
- Theory and Practice of Mantras, Kriyas, Pranayamas and various techniques of Meditation
- Asana practice is focused on developing the quality of body alignment, observation and sharpening awareness of deeper physiological processes while performing an Asana.
- Theory and Practice of Standing poses, sitting poses, inversions, backward extensions, arm balances and other postures
- Learning the Sanskrit Language to master names of Asanas
- Bhakti Yoga which includes Mantra Chanting, Kirtans and Satsang
- Karma Yoga
- Ayurvedic Yoga Massage to learn hands on adjustment
- Learning the art of alignment and hand on adjustment with the help of props
- Workshops on demonstration of Asanas(like hip openers, arm balaces etc.), Restorative Yoga, Yoga for specific groups and Yoga to deal with common ailments like joint pain, back pain, thyroid, diabetes, etc.
- Qualities and Conduct of a Teacher while leading a class
- Business Skills – How to promote your Yoga business in the world of Web Marketing
- Conducting Vinyasa Flow led classes with a touch of personal creativity
- Detailed Study of Applied and Specific Anatomy
- Practical Application of Anatomy and Physiology to Yoga Practices
- Learning about the musculoskeletal system with focus on bones, ligaments, origin & insertions of muscles with nerve supply.
- Basic Overview of the structure and functions (Anatomy and Physiology) of different systems in the human body.
- Anatomy of Pranayama with focus on Energy Systems, Chakras, Energy Bodies and the Cardiovascular System.
- Introduction and History of Yoga
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Samadhi and Sadhana (Chapter 1 & 2)
- Bhagavad Gita – Dhyana Yoga (Chapter 6)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Kriyas, Bandha, Mudra and Pranayama)
- Meditations from Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Text
- Different Paths of Yoga (Raja, Bhakti, Karma and Gyana Yoga)
- Ethics mentioned in Yogic Scriptures for Yoga Practitioners and Teachers (Emphasis on Yamas and Niyamas)
- Minimum decency codes for Yoga teachers
- Leading Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series class
- Creating and leading a Vinyasa Flow Led class
- Assisting Lead Trainers, observing and receiving feedback accordingly
- Students will be required to engage in self-study and submit daily & weekly assignments on the basis of the day’s lectures and discussions.
- There will be a practical and a theory exam at the end of the course to assess the students on their learning, practice and teaching during the 4 week Teacher Training Course.
|Meditation, Pranayama, Mantra and Kriya|
|Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series Class|
|Theory: Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy and Physiology|
|Lunch, Assignment and Rest|
|Workshops On Teaching Methodology; Alignment and Adjustment|
|Free Flow Led Class|
Accommodation (sharing and non-sharing basis, depending on the number of students) includes hot shower, attached bathrooms and western toilet.
Wi-Fi facility is available at the school.
Check our TTC Fees and Dates page to know about our price. A booking fee of 300 USD (part of the total amount) is due after the application is approved which can be paid through Paypal/bank transfer and non-refundable. The balance amount must be paid in cash on arrival at Abhinam Yoga Center or transferred to the account directly via bank transfer before arrival. The whole amount can also be paid at once.
All the booking fee, course fee, price for accommodation and meals are strictly non-refundable and the price mentioned in our website is final. We are not responsible if the fees is not updated accordingly in third part sites. Students must confirm the final TTC price offered to them before booking.
What is included in the course fee
The course fee includes study material, teacher training course manual, 3 yogi vegetarian meals per day (except Saturdays and Sundays) and accommodation. We offer our students an option, if they want to make their own food and accommodation arrangements. In that case, we would refund or deduct 300 USD from the fees. We also provide airport pick- up/drop assistance from Goa airport (for courses in Goa during October-May) and Dharamshala airport (for courses in Himalaya during April-September). However, airport pick- up/drop assistance is NOT included in our fees.
What to bring
Personal Yoga mat, laptop or iPad, Yoga clothes (not too loose, body lines should be clear), warm shawl or covering for early morning meditation, personal items like toiletries, medications, photocopy of your documents like Passport, Visa, etc.
From an early age Namito has been on his path of yoga, learning from teachers and masters that most only ever read about with awe and reverence. Living and growing up in the state of Bihar, he witnessed Swami Satyananda practicing yoga on one of his visits and was captivated by the ancient allure of yoga. At the age of seven Swami Satyandanda began teaching Namito asana and pranayama practices after discovering his immense ability and potential… Read More About Namito
70% of the course is under the guidance and taught by the SYT(Senior Yoga Teacher).
Upcoming 200 hrs Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in India
|Jan-Feb 2020||12th Jan – 1st Feb|
|Feb 2020||3rd Feb – 23rd Feb|
|Feb-March 2020||25th Feb – 17th March|
|March-April 2020||19th March – 8th April|
|April 2020||10th April – 30th April|
|May 2020||2nd May – 22nd May|
|Oct-Nov 2020||30th Oct – 19 Nov|
|Nov-Dec 2020||22th November – 12th December|
|Dec-Jan 2021||21st December- 10th January|
|Jan-Feb 2021||12th January- 1st February|
|Feb 2021||7th February- 27th February|
|March 2021||1st March – 21st March|
|March-April 2021||26th March – 15th April|
|April-May 2021||18th April – 8th May|
|May 2021||10th May – 30th May|
|June 2021||1st June – 21st June|