Who can join a 200-hours Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Course?
The 200 hours Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Courses in India offered by Abhinam Yoga Schools in Goa and Dharamsala are suited for anyone who has a passion for Yoga, wishes to do an in-depth study of Asanas and Pranayama, Meditation and Yoga philosophy or would like to share the benefits of this practice with others should feel free to apply for this course. If you have been practicing Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series for at least 3 months, it’s an added advantage. But also if you have no or little experience in Ashtanga Vinyasa this course will be suitable for you.
What to expect from the 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training Course?
The objective of the TTC Course is to provide beginners and experienced Yoga students with strong technical and theoretical experience. This will enable them to perform Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Primary Series with perfection and correct alignment. The course will equip the future teachers to be completely autonomous and ready to run their own yoga classes at the highest standards.
At the yoga TTC at Abhinam Yoga, students learn a unique combination of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Iyengar alignment principles. This approach has an ultimate goal of practicing injury free yoga.
Every morning, students start the day with Kriyas for purification and cleansing of mind and body. This practice gives a good foundation for the ashtanga vinyasa class. In the beginning of the TTC, the ashtanga vinyasa class is lead by senior teachers, later students do their own self practice i.e. Mysore style or lead the classes during the last weeks of their course. The morning practice ends with Pranayama and meditation followed by breakfast
The subject of classes in the middle of the day changes every week; going from yoga philosophy to anatomy and physiology. On top of that, students can also have marketing classes on request, during which they get tips on how to promote themselves as yoga teachers and how to do marketing for their future yoga centers.
The afternoon program starts every day with the teaching methodology. Students learn all postures in detail not only to enhance their own practice but most importantly to help others, their future students, to get into and be correctly aligned in each and every pose. During the afternoon yoga classes, students get introduced to other yoga styles, i.e. Vinyasa flow, yin yoga, hatha yoga or restorative yoga. The day is concluded with an evening meditation.
From the second week of the TTC, students actively participate in teaching as well as adjusting others during the classes. This gives students and future yoga teachers the best opportunity to learn how to teach in a very supportive, open and safe environment. After finishing 200 hours Yoga TTC at Abhinam Yoga, students are trained as well as confident enough to act as yoga teachers and lead yoga lessons.
Course Syllabus (according to Yoga Alliance)
Abhinam Yoga follows the syllabus set by Yoga Alliance US and UK for Registered Yoga School (RYS 200) and incorporates training hours in the following modules:
- Learning to master and teach Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series
- Theory and Practice of Mantras, Kriyas, Pranayamas and various techniques of Meditation
- Asana practice is focused on developing the quality of body alignment, observation and sharpening awareness of deeper physiological processes while performing an Asana.
- Theory and Practice of Standing poses, sitting poses, inversions, backward extensions, arm balances and other postures
- Learning the Sanskrit Language to master names of Asanas
- Bhakti Yoga which includes Mantra Chanting, Kirtans and Satsang
- Karma Yoga
- Ayurvedic Yoga Massage to learn hands on adjustment
- Learning the art of alignment and hand on adjustment with the help of props
- Workshops on demonstration of Asanas(like hip openers, arm balaces etc.), Restorative Yoga, Yoga for specific groups and Yoga to deal with common ailments like joint pain, back pain, thyroid, diabetes, etc.
- Qualities and Conduct of a Teacher while leading a class
- Business Skills – How to promote your Yoga business in the world of Web Marketing
- Conducting Vinyasa Flow led classes with a touch of personal creativity
- Detailed Study of Applied and Specific Anatomy
- Practical Application of Anatomy and Physiology to Yoga Practices
- Learning about the musculoskeletal system with focus on bones, ligaments, origin & insertions of muscles with nerve supply.
- Basic Overview of the structure and functions (Anatomy and Physiology) of different systems in the human body.
- Anatomy of Pranayama with focus on Energy Systems, Chakras, Energy Bodies and the Cardiovascular System.
- Introduction and History of Yoga
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Samadhi and Sadhana (Chapter 1 & 2)
- Bhagavad Gita – Dhyana Yoga (Chapter 6)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Kriyas, Bandha, Mudra and Pranayama)
- Meditations from Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Text
- Different Paths of Yoga (Raja, Bhakti, Karma and Gyana Yoga)
- Ethics mentioned in Yogic Scriptures for Yoga Practitioners and Teachers (Emphasis on Yamas and Niyamas)
- Minimum decency codes for Yoga teachers
- Leading Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series class
- Creating and leading a Vinyasa Flow Led class
- Assisting Lead Trainers, observing and receiving feedback accordingly
- Students will be required to engage in self-study and submit daily & weekly assignments on the basis of the day’s lectures and discussions.
- There will be a practical and a theory exam at the end of the course to assess the students on their learning, practice and teaching during the 4 week Teacher Training Course.
The Teacher Training Course concludes with a certification of Yoga Alliance UK and US. This certification is respected all over the world. After our course each student is eligible to become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) in Yoga Alliance UK and/ or Yoga Alliance US. For more details on certification please visit www.yogaalliance.co.uk and www.yogaalliance.org
|Meditation, Pranayama, Mantra and Kriya|
|Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series Class|
|Theory: Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy and Physiology|
|Lunch, Assignment and Rest|
|Workshops On Teaching Methodology; Alignment and Adjustment|
|Free Flow Led Class|
Accommodation (sharing and non-sharing basis, depending on the number of students) includes hot shower, attached bathrooms and western toilet.
Wi-Fi facility is available at the school.
Check our TTC Fees and Dates page to know about our price. A booking fee of 300 USD (part of the total amount) is due after the application is approved which can be paid through Paypal/bank transfer and non-refundable. The balance amount must be paid in cash on arrival at Abhinam Yoga Center or transferred to the account directly via bank transfer before arrival. The whole amount can also be paid at once.
All the booking fee, course fee, price for accommodation and meals are strictly non-refundable and the price mentioned in our website is final. We are not responsible if the fees is not updated accordingly in third part sites. Students must confirm the final TTC price offered to them before booking.
What is included in the course fee
The course fee includes study material, teacher training course manual, 3 yogi vegetarian meals per day (except Saturdays and Sundays) and accommodation. We offer our students an option, if they want to make their own food and accommodation arrangements. In that case, we would refund or deduct 300 Euros from the fees. We also provide airport pick- up/drop assistance from Goa airport (for courses in Goa during October-May) and Dharamshala airport (for courses in Himalaya during April-September). However, airport pick- up/drop assistance is NOT included in our fees.
What to bring
Personal Yoga mat, laptop or iPad, Yoga clothes (not too loose, body lines should be clear), warm shawl or covering for early morning meditation, personal items like toiletries, medications, photocopy of your documents like Passport, Visa, etc.
200 hr Ashtanga Yoga TTC Programs In Goa, India:
You can also check our: