About 300 hrs Yoga Teacher Training Course in India
The 300 hours Ashtanga yoga teacher training is an advanced course designed to provide a rigorous training that takes students deeper into their Yoga practice and meditation. This course will diligently provide students with tips on how to practice injury free Ashtanga yoga based on Iyengar’s alignment principals and using props, focus on key alignment points and hands on adjustments, easy-to-follow guidelines that you would need to embark your yoga teaching journey. We aim that after completing this course students will not only be more confident to teach or open/run their own school but, most of all, go deeper in their meditation and be more aware and in the present moment.
Course Eligibility Requirements
If you want to enroll for the 300 hours Yoga Teacher Training Certification course, then you are required to have successfully completed a 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training certification course (in any yoga style) from Yoga Alliance Professionals recognized School. It is also important to note that if your previous training was not in Ashtanga, you can still participate in our 300 hours YTTC course. However, in such cases, we would recommend that students must practice Ashtanga yoga before participating in the course in order to be able to gain maximum benefit.
If you do not have any previous certification, then you can either choose our 200 hours Teacher Training course in our Goa or Dharamsala centers or go for 500 hours Teacher Training course, where you participate in 200 hours course followed by 300 hrs course.
The syllabus tracks set by Abhinam Yoga school for 300hr Yoga Teacher Training Course is approved by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK for Registered Yoga School (RYS 300 and RYS 500) and incorporates training hours in the following modules:
- In-depth practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series
- Learning to master and teach certain Asanas from Ashtanga Vinyasa Intermediate Series with the help of props (only after the approval from our course director).
- Theory and Practice of Standing poses, sitting poses, inversions, backward extensions, arm balances and other postures
- Theory and in-depth practice of Mantras, Kriyas, Pranayamas (with Bandhas) and various techniques of Meditation.
- Asana practice is focused on developing the quality of body alignment, observation and sharpening awareness of deeper physiological processes while performing an Asana.
- Learning the Sanskrit Language to master names of Asanas
- Bhakti Yoga which includes Mantra Chanting, Kirtans and Satsang
- Karma Yoga
- Ayurvedic Yoga Massage to learn hands on adjustments
- Learning the art of alignment and hands on adjustment with the help of props
- Workshops on demonstration of Asanas which can include Hip openers, Arm balances, Restorative Yoga, Yoga for specific groups of people.
- Qualities and proper conduct of a Teacher while leading a class.
- Business Skills – How to promote your Yoga business in the world of Web Marketing
- Conducting a led classes with a touch of personal creativity
- Learning about the musculoskeletal system with focus on bones, joints, ligaments, origin & insertions of muscles with nerve supply.
- Practical Application of Anatomy and Physiology to Yoga Practices
- Basic Anatomical Overview of the structure of the body
- Physiology of different functions of the human body.
- Anatomy of Pranayama with focus on Energy Systems, Chakras, Energy Bodies and Cardiovascular System.
- Introduction and Historical Background to Yoga
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Samadhi, Sadhana, Vibhuti and Kaivalya)
- Bhagavad Gita (Dhyana and Karma Yoga)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Kriyas, Bandha, Mudra and Pranayama)
- Different Paths of Yoga (Raja, Bhakti, Karma and Gyana Yoga)
- Meditations from Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Text
- Ethics mentioned in Yogic Scriptures for Yoga Practitioners and Teachers (Emphasis on Yamas and Niyamas)
- Minimum decency codes for yoga teachers
- Leading Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series Classes
- Being able to teach specific Asanas from Intermediate series separately(only after the approval from the course director).
- Creating and Leading a Vinyasa Flow Led Class
- Assisting Lead Trainers, Observing and Receiving Feedback accordingly
- Students will be required to engage in self-study and submit daily & weekly assignments on the day’s lectures and discussions.
- There will be a practical and a theory exam at the end of the course to assess the students on their learning, practice and teaching during the one month Teacher Training Course.
|Meditation, Pranayama, Mantra and Kriya|
|Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary & Intermediate Series Class|
|Theory: Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy and Physiology|
|Lunch, Assignment and Rest|
|Workshops On Teaching Methodology; Alignment and Adjustment|
|Free Flow Led Class|
**At Abhinam Yoga, we do not expect you to master all the poses or be super flexible before you join the course. All we expect from you before coming to teacher training is that you have a regular practice of Ashtaga Vinyasa Yoga (2-3 times a week is enough). We will be teaching you all the poses with correct alignment. As a student, you just need to have fun and practice playfully.**
Accommodation and Food
Accommodation (sharing and non-sharing basis, depending on the number of students) includes hot shower, attached bathrooms and western toilet. Accommodations are allocated on the day when the course starts. You are expected to check out the day following your graduation ceremony i.e. day after your course ends. We can also arrange your extra days of accommodation at an additional cost.
We offer 3 times vegetarian Sattvik meals. Our meals are usually vegan and we rarely use dairy products. The food is offered from Monday – Saturday (Lunch). Students are free to eat and explore cuisines on Saturday dinner and Sundays.
You can also opt out for food and accommodation. In that case, we will deduct 300 USD from your course fees.
Wi-Fi facility is available at the school.
Check our TTC Fees and Dates page to know about our price. A booking fee of 300 USD (part of the total amount) is due after the application is approved which can be paid through Paypal/bank transfer and non-refundable.The balance amount must be paid in cash on arrival at Abhinam Yoga Center or transferred to the account directly by bank transfer before arrival. The whole amount can also be paid at once.
All the booking fee, course fee, price for accommodation and meals are strictly non-refundable and the price mentioned in our website is final. We are not responsible if the fees is not updated accordingly in third part sites. Students must confirm the final TTC price offered to them before booking.
In case of a medical or personal emergency, students can change the date of the course within a year of booking only Once.
What is included in the course fee
The course fee includes study material, teacher training course manual, 3 yogi vegetarian meals per day (except Saturday dinners and Sundays) and accommodation.
We offer our students an option, if they want to make their own food and accommodation arrangements. In that case, we would refund or deduct 300 Euros from the fees.
We also provide airport pick- up/drop assistance from Goa airport at an additional cost of 50 USD. However, airport pick- up/drop assistance is NOT included in our fees.
What to bring
Laptop or iPad for completing your assignments, Yoga clothes (not too loose, body lines should be clear), warm shawl or covering for early morning meditation, personal items like toiletries, medications, photocopy of your documents like Passport, Visa, etc.
We will provide you with the yoga mat.
Ashtanga Yoga Intermediate Series will be taught only to students who are able to perform Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series successfully in the presence of the lead teacher. This is done to avoid injuries. Students will have no say in this matter.
Also, this is NOT a Therapy Yoga Course.
From an early age Namito has been on his path of yoga, learning from teachers and masters that most only ever read about with awe and reverence. Living and growing up in the state of Bihar, he witnessed Swami Satyananda practicing yoga on one of his visits and was captivated by the ancient allure of yoga. At the age of seven Swami Satyandanda began teaching Namito asana and pranayama practices after discovering his immense ability and potential… Read More About Namito
70% of the course is under the guidance and taught by the SYT(Senior Yoga Teacher).
Upcoming 300 hrs Yoga Teacher Training Dates
|Nov – Dec 2020||24th Nov – 21st Dec|
|Jab – Feb 2021||25th Jan – 21st Feb|
|March – April 2021||11th March – 7th April|
|May – June 2021||16th May – 12th June|