About 300 and 500 hours Yoga Teacher Training Courses in India
Course Syllabus (according to Yoga Alliance)
The syllabus tracks set by Abhinam Yoga school for 200 hr, 300 hr and 500 hr Yoga Teacher Tranining Course is approved by Yoga Alliance USA & UK for Registered Yoga School (RYS 200 and RYS 500) and incorporates training hours in the following modules:
- In-depth practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series
- Learning to master and teach certain Asanas from Ashtanga Vinyasa Intermediate Series with the help of props (only after the approval from our course director).
- Theory and Practice of Standing poses, sitting poses, inversions, backward extensions, arm balances and other postures
- Theory and in-depth practice of Mantras, Kriyas, Pranayamas (with Bandhas) and various techniques of Meditation.
- Asana practice is focused on developing the quality of body alignment, observation and sharpening awareness of deeper physiological processes while performing an Asana.
- Learning the Sanskrit Language to master names of Asanas
- Bhakti Yoga which includes Mantra Chanting, Kirtans and Satsang
- Karma Yoga
- Ayurvedic Yoga Massage to learn hands on adjustments
- Learning the art of alignment and hands on adjustment with the help of props
- Workshops on demonstration of Asanas which can include Hip openers, Arm balances, Restorative Yoga, Yoga for specific groups of people.
- Qualities and proper conduct of a Teacher while leading a class.
- Business Skills – How to promote your Yoga business in the world of Web Marketing
- Conducting a led classes with a touch of personal creativity
- Learning about the musculoskeletal system with focus on bones, joints, ligaments, origin & insertions of muscles with nerve supply.
- Practical Application of Anatomy and Physiology to Yoga Practices
- Basic Anatomical Overview of the structure of the body
- Physiology of different functions of the human body.
- Anatomy of Pranayama with focus on Energy Systems, Chakras, Energy Bodies and Cardiovascular System.
- Introduction and Historical Background to Yoga
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Samadhi, Sadhana, Vibhuti and Kaivalya)
- Bhagavad Gita (Dhyana and Karma Yoga)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Kriyas, Bandha, Mudra and Pranayama)
- Different Paths of Yoga (Raja, Bhakti, Karma and Gyana Yoga)
- Meditations from Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Text
- Ethics mentioned in Yogic Scriptures for Yoga Practitioners and Teachers (Emphasis on Yamas and Niyamas)
- Minimum decency codes for yoga teachers
- Leading Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series Classes
- Being able to teach specific Asanas from Intermediate series separately(only after the approval from the course director).
- Creating and Leading a Vinyasa Flow Led Class
- Assisting Lead Trainers, Observing and Receiving Feedback accordingly
- Students will be required to engage in self-study and submit daily & weekly assignments on the day’s lectures and discussions.
- There will be a practical and a theory exam at the end of the course to assess the students on their learning, practice and teaching during the one month Teacher Training Course.
The Teacher Training Course concludes with a certification of completion. This certificate must be uploaded and registered on Yoga Alliance USA or UK website and the registration fee must be paid by the student in order to become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 300 or 500).
|Meditation, Pranayama, Mantra and Kriya|
|Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary & Intermediate Series Class|
|Theory: Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy and Physiology|
|Lunch, Assignment and Rest|
|Workshops On Teaching Methodology; Alignment and Adjustment|
|Free Flow Led Class|
Accommodation (sharing and non-sharing basis, depending on the number of students) includes hot shower, attached bathrooms and western toilet.
Wi-Fi facility is available at the school.
Check our TTC Fees and Dates page to know about our price. A booking fee of 300 USD (part of the total amount) is due after the application is approved which can be paid through Paypal/bank transfer and non-refundable.The balance amount must be paid in cash on arrival at Abhinam Yoga Center or transferred to the account directly by bank transfer before arrival. The whole amount can also be paid at once.
All the booking fee, course fee, price for accommodation and meals are strictly non-refundable and the price mentioned in our website is final. We are not responsible if the fees is not updated accordingly in third part sites. Students must confirm the final TTC price offered to them before booking.
What is included in the course fee
The course fee includes study material, teacher training course manual, 3 yogi vegetarian meals per day (except Saturdays and Sundays) and accommodation. We offer our students an option, if they want to make their own food and accommodation arrangements. In that case, we would refund or deduct 300 Euros from the fees. We also provide airport pick- up/drop assistance from Goa airport (for courses in Goa during October-May) and Dharamshala airport (for courses in Himalaya during April-September). However, airport pick- up/drop assistance is NOT included in our fees.
What to bring
Personal Yoga mat, laptop or iPad, Yoga clothes (not too loose, body lines should be clear), warm shawl or covering for early morning meditation, personal items like toiletries, medications, photocopy of your documents like Passport, Visa, etc.