About 500 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Courses in India
The 500 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course in India is an extensive course designed to nurture your passion for learning authentic traditional yoga. The course which is suited for Yoga students of all levels, aims to guide students on different yoga related subjects to deepen their insight and approach to yogic living. Subjects like meditation, yogic breathing techniques (Pranayama), yogic cleansing (kriyas), Mantra Chanting(Bhakti Yoga), Yoga anatomy and physiology are extensively practiced. Hence, the course offer a perfect balance of the physical and the philosophical aspects of yoga.
To participate in the training, we need students to have at least 3 months of yoga practice. The first part of the training will be their participation in either 200 hrs Ashtanga Teacher Training in Goa or 200 hours Multi-style Teacher Training in Dharamsala. This 200 hrs training will be followed by 300 hours Yoga Teacher Training Course in Goa. After successfully completing both the courses, one will receive a 500 hrs certificate of completion.
Why Join the Course?
The main standout features of this 500 hours yoga teacher training course are:
- Learn and practice Ashtanga Primary Series and Intermediate Series with correct alignment
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key Alignment points, hands on adjustment techniques on different bodies and how to use Iyengar Props
- Daily Practice of Pranayama, Kriyas and meditation
- Learn the sanskrit names of Asanas along with Opening and Closing Mantras
- Detailed Study of Yog sutras for a deeper understanding of yogic philosophy & practices
- Enhance your knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology related to Yoga for becoming a safe Yoga Teacher.
- Systematic and Comprehensive Teaching Methodology sessions to allow students to lead their own Ashtanga Vinyasa class
- You will be able to create well-structured and creative yoga classes for your students independently.
- Optional Classes on Ayurveda, Bodywork and Online Yoga Marketing
- Get a Globally Recognized Certification from Yoga Alliance Professionals(Formerly Yoga Alliance UK)
500 Hours Teacher Training Course Curriculum
- In-depth practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series
- Learning to master and teach certain Asanas from Ashtanga Vinyasa Intermediate Series with the help of props (only after the approval from our course director).
- Theory and Practice of Standing poses, sitting poses, inversions, backward extensions, arm balances and other postures
- Theory and in-depth practice of Mantras, Kriyas, Pranayamas (with Bandhas) and various techniques of Meditation.
- Asana practice is focused on developing the quality of body alignment, observation and sharpening awareness of deeper physiological processes while performing an Asana.
- Learning the Sanskrit Language to master names of Asanas
- Bhakti Yoga which includes Mantra Chanting, Kirtans and Satsang
- Karma Yoga
- Ayurvedic Yoga Massage to learn hands on adjustments
- Learning the art of alignment and hands on adjustment with the help of props
- Workshops on demonstration of Asanas which can include Hip openers, Arm balances, Restorative Yoga, Yoga for specific groups of people.
- Qualities and proper conduct of a Teacher while leading a class.
- Business Skills – How to promote your Yoga business in the world of Web Marketing
- Conducting a led classes with a touch of personal creativity
- Learning about the musculoskeletal system with focus on bones, joints, ligaments, origin & insertions of muscles with nerve supply.
- Practical Application of Anatomy and Physiology to Yoga Practices
- Basic Anatomical Overview of the structure of the body
- Physiology of different functions of the human body.
- Anatomy of Pranayama with focus on Energy Systems, Chakras, Energy Bodies and Cardiovascular System.
- Introduction and Historical Background to Yoga
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Samadhi, Sadhana, Vibhuti and Kaivalya)
- Bhagavad Gita (Dhyana and Karma Yoga)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Kriyas, Bandha, Mudra and Pranayama)
- Different Paths of Yoga (Raja, Bhakti, Karma and Gyana Yoga)
- Meditations from Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Text
- Ethics mentioned in Yogic Scriptures for Yoga Practitioners and Teachers (Emphasis on Yamas and Niyamas)
- Minimum decency codes for yoga teachers
- Leading Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series Classes
- Being able to teach specific Asanas from Intermediate series separately(only after the approval from the course director).
- Creating and Leading a Session on your understanding Yoga Philosophy
- Assisting Lead Trainers, Observing and Receiving Feedback accordingly
- Sufficient time for self study and self practice
- Weekly assignments submission on Yoga Philosophy, Anatomy and Iyengar’s Book on Teachers.
- There will be a practical and a theory exam during the last weeks of the course to assess the students on their learning, practice, adjusting and teaching during the Teacher Training Course.
|Pranayama and Kriyas|
|Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary / Intermediate Series Class|
|Theory: Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy and Physiology|
|Lunch, Assignment and Rest|
|Workshops On Teaching Methodology; Alignment and Adjustment|
|Free Flow Led Class|
*The Daily Schedule is just to give you an overall idea of what your day is going to be like. It can be changed at the discretion of the teachers.
For 500 hours TTC course, the students must have practiced Ashtanga Yoga for atleast a period of 3 months before joining the course.
Accommodation and Food
Accommodation (sharing and non-sharing basis, depending on the number of students) includes hot shower, attached bathrooms and western toilet. Accommodations are allocated on the day when the course starts. You are expected to check out the day following your graduation ceremony i.e. day after your course ends. We can also arrange your extra days of accommodation at an additional cost.
We offer 3 times vegetarian Sattvik meals. Our meals are usually vegan and we rarely use dairy products. The food is offered from Monday – Saturday (Lunch). Students are free to eat and explore cuisines on Saturday dinner and Sundays.
You can also opt out for food and accommodation. In that case, we will deduct the amount from your course fees.
Wi-Fi facility is available at the school.
Check our TTC Fees and Dates page to know about our price. A booking fee of 300 USD (part of the total amount) is due after the application is approved which can be paid through Paypal/bank transfer and non-refundable.The balance amount must be paid in cash on arrival at Abhinam Yoga Center or transferred to the account directly by bank transfer before arrival. The whole amount can also be paid at once.
All the booking fee, course fee, price for accommodation and meals are strictly non-refundable and the price mentioned in our website is final. We are not responsible if the fees is not updated accordingly in third part sites. Students must confirm the final TTC price offered to them before booking.
In case of a medical or personal emergency, students can change the date of the course within a year of booking only Once.
What is included in the course fee
The course fee includes study material, teacher training course manual, 3 yogi vegetarian meals per day (except Saturday dinners and Sundays) and accommodation(based on your choice).
We offer our students an option, if they want to make their own food and accommodation arrangements.
We also provide airport pick- up/drop assistance from Goa airport at an additional cost of 50USD. However, airport pick- up/drop assistance is NOT included in our fees.
What to bring
Laptop or iPad for completing your assignments, Yoga clothes (not too loose, body lines should be clear), warm shawl or covering for early morning meditation, personal items like toiletries, medications, photocopy of your documents like Passport, Visa, etc.
We will provide you with the yoga mat.
Upcoming 500 hrs Yoga Teacher Training Dates
|October – December 2018||24th October – 8th December|
|December 2018- February 2019||21st December – 4th February|
|February – April 2019||25th February – 11th April|
|April – May 2019||10th April – 25th May|